Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Another Week in the Compound

Hello family. Well, I don't really know what to write about this week. New Mission President Seminar was a let down because of our swine flu history. The apostles and the First Presidency were all here, but they could not mingle with us because of the swine flu. However, we did have a great devotional last Friday. Elder Holland spoke. He talked a lot about teaching in unity, with your companion and with the spirit. Also in attendance were Elder Perry, Oakes, Bednar, Cook, Christopherson, and Anderson. So there were a lot of apostles for this week, but they didn't get to mingle with us that much.

As for how the Italian is going, it is going pretty well. We are speaking only in Italian these days except for an English word here and there. It really helps and makes it a lot easier to speak and teach. Yesterday we taught a dynomite lesson. It was the second lesson and we didn't start at the beginning. We started with the investigators needs at the Mondo degli Spiriti and the Risurezione. The lesson went really smoothly, directed by the spirit. It definitely wasn't in any kind of order, just the order that was the need of the investigator. Our teacher was observing via camera and microphone in another room. He said when he tuned into our lesson he had no idea what we were doing. We told him we didn't really know either, just doing it. What a great thing it is to be led by the Lord.

By the way, last Wednesday I got my last shot and guess who gave it to me? I don't know him, but he said he knew grandpa and mom. His name is Brent Horton. If that rings a bell, cool, cause he sounded like a neat man. I need to send you some billing information, but I forgot it right now. I'll go back to my room later and email it to you.

I don't have much else to write about this week. The MTC is getting very monotonous. But only a couple of weeks to go. We should get our travel plans this week which means I'll let you know all about how we are going to be getting to Italy.

Thanks mom for the package. My gym time will be a whole lot less stinky these days. Thanks to everyone who are regular writers. It is fun to get the mail and it has been neat to see who the real writers are outside of my family. A few people said they would write me a lot, but only one letter from them. E bufo (it's funny).

Anywho, love you all. Sorry there isn't much to write about. If you want more detail about what my weeks are like here, just read a previous letter.

Love,
Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment