Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flight Plans!!!!!!!!!!!

This week we got our flight plans! They are as follows:

We leave here at 4:00AM Tuesday 14th. (One week from today!)
We leave the Salt Lake Airport at 7:10AM
Arrive at Chicago O'Hare at 11:13AM
Leave O'Hare at 5:25PM :(
Arrive in London Heathrow at 7:05AM 15th of July
Leave Heathrow at 9:15AM
Arrive in Rome at 12:40PM 15 of July!

I am so excited, except for our almost 6 hour layover in Chicago, but oh well. I mean, I am going to Rome right?! Man I am so excited to leave this place. We have been speaking a lot of Italian and yesterday was our last practice teaching day. Although we are doing some progressing investigators with our teachers. (Our teachers are the investigators acting as investigators they had on their mission.) So that is fun.

On to the next most exciting thing for me. I would like to congragulate (butchered that word) Justin and Ashley on twin girls! Wow, I didn't think I would see the day when I would have nieces. I guess I still won't. haha But you all get the point. That is awesome. I got that letter from Justin yesterday.

Also, I have missed a lot of birthdays and such. So I think Dad, Justin, Kim, and Jalayne coming up here in a couple weeks. To all Happy Birthday! And to Dad happy belated Father's Day! Father's Day really took me by surprise. We were sitting in sacrament meeting and our branch president announced that it was Father's Day and I was like "since when?" (not out loud of course). And then I forgot for a couple of weeks obviously. So Happy Father's Day POP!

On Saturday night, we got to stay out late and watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. I must say that I doubted that IF had the best firework show, but after seeing Stadium of Fire, IF does have the best firework show. It is really well done and a ton more fireworks. So that was fun to do as the 4th if one of my favorite days. Just a great day to have fun with.

Next on the list, I got a letter from Logan. That was pretty awesome. He sent a couple of pictures which was awesome. One was of his first baptism. So I am proud of the man.

A couple of other things about me shipping out of this place. 1. I'll be sending a package home of stuff I don't need and stuff that I want to keep but not take to Italy. There isn't a ton but enough that it would be a burden in the suitcase. 2. Mother if you could check my debit card and make sure that there is plenty of money on that that would be great. 3. If you are going to write a letter for this week, write it on Dear Elder so I am sure that I get it before I leave. Then once I am in Italy you all can email me and I'll write the family at least and maybe a short newsletter to anyone else what wants to hear from me every once in awhile. 4. Julie, I would like Sam Storm's address so if you could get to work on that and get that to me this week that would be fantastic. Just call Allyson or something. You are creative and I know you will be able to come up with something.

Alright, a little personal revelation for me this week. Last Thursday night, I had, for the fourth time, a dream where I was back from my mission and everyone was asking me about it. All I could do was say "...I don't know how it went...I can't remember anything." I would look in my journal and nothing was there. Then I was reading in Ether, after the Brother of Jared sees Christ and receives his great revelation. After that the Lord tells him to go down and write the things he has seen. My mind immediately reflected on when the Lord tells Nephi to write his vision at the beginning of the Book. Also all those that wrote on the small plates were commanded to keep a spiritual and temporal history of the people. The Lord, Jesus Christ, commands the people of the Americas, when he comes in 3 Nephi, to write what they had seen and heard. He made sure that the writing of Samuel the Lamanite was written and his prophecies. Also other things which had been spoken. Along with that, the Lord commands Moses after his great vision to write the things that he had seen. All in all, keeping a record is important to the Lord. I have only missed a couple days in my journal writing - three to be exact. So this is urging me to keep up the good work cause records are important to the Lord. And that was a testimony to me this week.

I wanted to save the biggest surprise for last. Sometime during the hours of 11:30AM and 4:30PM Central time (or whatever time zone Chicago is in) I will be able to give you all a call at home. So you will get to hear from me by phone the day of my travels to Rome. I am pretty excited about that. I think that will be cool. I'll try to make my call in the time area of 1 to 1:30PM Chicago time. So that narraows the gap a little bit.

Anywho, thanks for all the letters and packages mom and family. They are greatly appreciated especially as time winds down here at, as Justin proclaimed, the church-run penitentiary. That isn't what it is like, but I thought that was funny. Anyway, I am almost out of time. Love you all!

Love,
Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment