Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rome It Is

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Well I have arrived here safely in Rome. It was a great trip. Long and kinda uncomfortable but good. We were flying over Italy and I could see all the old cities and new cities that are built around the old cities. It has been a pretty long day.

We got here and our bags came and that made me happier than anything. Then we went out and met the Mission President and his wife and the two assistants. They then took us to the Basilica of Saint Paul or Saint Paul at the Gate I guess it is called. We ate at a pizzaria outside there and it was delicious. Then to keep us awake they had us walk around Rome and see some of the sites. We went inside the Basilica of Paul and it was amazingly huge! It was amazing and dark and dreary as usual. Then we hopped on a train and went to the Colosseum. That was really neat. Then we walked to the famous fountain. I can't remember what it was called, but it is the big white one. And we saw that big white building with all of the statues and everything, but you probably have no idea what I am talking about so that is ok.

I don't get a companion till tomorrow. So we are here at the Mission Home which is a three story Italian home. It is nice. Sister Acerson made us dinner and then we had some interviews with President Acerson. Tomorrow we have training and then tomorrow afternoon we will get assigned a city and our trainer. I can't wait. I got to go.

Love you all,
Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment