Thursday, June 25, 2009

This Week

Things are getting pretty mundane here at the MTC. Pretty much every week is the same, but there were a few things here to keep it exciting, excluding scriptures and speaking Italian.

Last Sunday our Branch President was released and a new one was called. The new one is a great guy. I already know that I have a lot to learn from him. Also, this week marks our 6th week so we are now the oldest group of Italians in the MTC. It is weird but good. If any of the younger missionaries need help they come to us and we have all the answers. It is neat. Also, it being the 6th week, I was released as district leader and a new one was called. I can't say I am sad, although it was a good experience to have to be a leader. It will be great to be able to have a ton more study time on Sundays and not be in meetings.

In sad news, the temple is closed for the next two weeks or so, but I will be able to get back there the week before we ship out. So last week wasn't the last time I will go to the temple for two years.

We taught the first lesson again in Italian yesterday. It went really well. We need to work on our conjegations (I have no idea how to spell that) for a group of people, cause yesterday was our first time teaching a group of people in Italian. But it went well. The spirit was there and that helped a TON. All in all the language is coming really well. We have been speaking about 75% Italian the past few days. It has been good to speak the language. It really helps a lot.

How are Logan and Andrew doing? I don't get to hear from them at all so updates from them would be much appreciated. Um I have seen Brian a ton down here. It is really great to talk to him when we see each other in passing. Chase Wilde comes in this week and our district was selected to help with the new great system. I am hoping that I get to usher him into the MTC. That would pretty much be great.

So I have been monitoring my weight and I haven't gained or lost a pound but I noticed in the shower last week that I am getting a little cicio(chee-cho) which means chubby. And I said to myself, "UNACCEPTABLE!" So I have been working out really hard and only playing volleyball twice a week. That has helped. I have already noticed a difference in the way I feel and look so that is good. I don't want to go to Italy with any amount of fatness.

This week is Mission President Seminar week so all the new mission presidents are going to be here starting tomorrow. Which means, according to our Branch President, that most of the Quorum of the Twleve are going to be here along with the First Presidency. Which means someone from the presidency is speaking at our devotional this week which has been changed to Friday for this week. Excited you ask? Yes I am. Just the thought that there are going to be apostles walking around is pretty durn neat. This Sunday we have combined preisthood and sacrament meetings all being presided over by an Apostle or member of the Presidency. So that is going to be really exciting.

As for a spiritual thought or something, my favorite hymn right now is "Lead, Kindly Light." I can't rememember all the words right now but it talks about how the night is dark and we are far from home, and how we need to be guided. In times past we liked to guide ourselves and not be told what to do, but lead me on now. It is a great song, I think, about humilty and becoming a tool in the Lord's hands. I just like it alot. My favorite scripture of this past week is found in Nehemiah 6:3. Nehemiah is rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem and the nobles of Babylon are trying to get him to come down so they can kill him and stop the work. Nehemiah's response is "I am doing a great work and I cannot come down." That applies so much to missionary work. There are distractions that will try to pull you away from the work, to try to stop the work. But if you won't let them, the great work will continue and "cover the whole earth" like it says in Daniel.

Well that is all I have except for a few requests. More fruit snacks of course, but if mom could get me another pair of compression shorts, black LG under armor ones, that would be great. I learned really fast this week that an hour long hard workout for a couple of days really makes compression shorts smell sour. So that would be quite beneficial for the next few weeks and especially in Rome where it is a lot warmer. Speaking of Rome, I have decided that my first area would be in Napoli. So it will be interesting to seek where it actually is.

I love all of you and greatly appreciate your letters. I think it is funny from Justin saying I am blessed this month cause I have received a letter from him every week. So much for his once every other week, right? No, but I appreicate it tons. Arrivederci! Ci vediamo! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment