Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sicily

Well, this week we are back in Sicily. Anziano Sapio has returned after serving his entire mission on this island until Rome, and I am back after a short two month stay in Rome. We flew down on Monday, and we were in Catania doing exchanges for the rest of the day. Then Tuesday, we had zone conference with the entire island of Sicily. It was a good conference. It is nice to see everyone serving here in Sicily. President spoke again about acting and not being acted upon. It is the third time I have heard his training, but I learn something every time. He is an amazing man, like my father. After zone conference finished, we took the train to Messina where I am writing this letter.

By the way...get out your coats and your hats because it's cold out there today. It's cold out there everyday...But you'd better get down to the square because that's right folks, it's GROUNDHOG DAY! Haha good movie. I hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow, because I am tired of rain. Getting back into the sun would be really nice.

While we were in Catania doing exchanges, I was with the zone leader there and we were doing finding work in the rain. And no one was outside to talk to, and we were kind of down. Then my companion was like, let's talk to that guy with a dog. We went up and presented our worst presentation of the gospel and got rejected pretty hard. We talked after that and said how bad that approach was, and then my companion said, "Well we can't do much worse than that, so what do we have to lose?" It was a good point. So we talked to a lot more people after that. It was just a funny way that we broke the finding work ice.

Well, things are going great. Sounds like the house is getting a good work out and a change up. Seems like things will be different when I come home. Oh ya mom, I was online looking at classes last week, and I put some stuff on myMap that I would like to take. So there are references to some classes right there. I also changed some things. Welp love you all!

Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment