Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Busy-ness Is Upon Us

Well, as we approach this Christmas season, things have gotten busier. The end of last week was spent listening and learning from Elder Causse from the Area Presidency. He taught us some good principles about finding techniques and teaching techniques that really let people know why we are here and help them use their free agency the best they can in their first meetings with us missionaries. I think that as the mission adopts this style of finding and teaching, we will see great things in the mission.

Saturday there was a Zone Leader Council that we attended, and Elder Cuasse talked about our mission vision and how we would accomplish that. It was a really good visit from him. That night we had a couple of lessons. It was good to get some teaching in the mix of things. Then on Sunday, we went to church and there were a couple of investigators in church, and then we went to the Christmas Devotional. It was broadcast a week later, so it could be translated and watched at a reasonably decent hour.

Monday we had a district meeting and a meeting with President. In that meeting, one of my companions and I got the assignment to do some exchanges and things during this week. So on the flash, we left Tuesday morning and arrived in a town called Foggia. Here we met up with Anziano Pace and Anziano Packer. We are doing some exchanges here and helping to implement some of the things that Elder Causse taught to us. We will be leaving to go to Bari tonight, and then we will go back home and make a pit stop in Napoli to see some of the Zone Leaders there.

Clark and Elder David Pace

So it has been fun to be here in Foggia to see Anziano Pace. I think this is something like the third time in the entire time we have been out that I have seen him. He is a good missionary that talks with everyone. Plus, it has been fun to serve with someone from Idaho Falls. Really fun.

Sounds like there is a lot of weather action happening in Idaho this year. That makes for some exciting adventures. Julie and Jalayne....no sliding off roads this year, alright? I am just kidding, but seriously. No sliding. Kim, your child is growing up too fast. He is what, 4 years old? I didn't know Santa was just a symbol until I was in 3rd grade. I guess I am just not a realist like little Elliott.

Well, I love you all. Hope that you have a great week. I don't have a time period set yet for the phone call, but when I do, I will be sture to let you know.

Love,
Anziano Hatch

P.S. Did I mention fighting fires in a letter? I didn't think that I did, but ya, that is something that I am thinking about doing over the summer. So if someone could reasearch that, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment