Saturday, May 29, 2010

This One's for the........Family?

Since I wrote last, we have had an amazing Zone Conference and a few good lessons. Zone Conference was really good. You could tell (since this was President Acerson's last conference) that they were worried and stressing the fact of staying focused and working as we have always worked as the new president, President Kelly, gets situated. One common theme throughout all the trainings was cleaning the inner vessel. It was really inspiring and eye opening that when things are going well, there is always something that you can be improving. One of my goals is to use my time more effectively while at the apartment. I have started a side study of Jesus the Christ. This will be my second time that I have read it. After Zone Conference, we went to Branch Council. They were really focused and fixed on their purpose. We got a lot done.

Friday we played some soccer on the beach that is kind of dirty. But they have been cleaning it so it wasn't too bad. We played with young men from our branch and some investigators. I like to play soccer and appreciate the game more. And it is a good way to have investigators meet members. That was really fun.

Haha, I laugh before I write this because it is funny. In church, as we stood to sing the intermediate hymn, I noticed that I was the tallest person in the sacrament room. It was weird and funny. I feel like a giant sometimes with Italians because there are a lot of short ones. I am only just over 6 feet and 85 kilograms so I am not that big. But I felt like the BFG in church last Sunday.

Monday was a day of lessons and a form of a District Meeting. Since there are only two people in my district, we only do half of the things that are done in a normal one. Maybe even just a fourth of the things. The lessons went well. Although it is frustrating to hear people over and over again say that they will read and then they don't. Or that they will come to church and then they don't. It is hard, but maybe we just aren't helping them to see the blessings that come from it. We should be better at that.

We have started to go running every other day. That has been going pretty well. I am out of shape as far as running goes, but this is something that will be good for me. I am sad because I get tired after only twenty minutes, and we run along the street that is right at sea level. So that translates to like 10 minutes in Idaho right? I got some work to do. Although we run about a mile and half every time. So that is good.

I am going to withdraw the last of the money on the card today. We are going to Sorrento. So that is just an update.

The picture this week is from zone conference. This is the zone.

Well that is about it for me this week. I love you all!

Heart,

Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment