Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weekly Weeks (I Don't Know What That Means)

Dear Family,
Well it sure seems like it has been a busy week. Happy birthday to Dad, Kim, Taylor and Braxton. I apologize cause I think I missed Ashley's birthday a month or two ago. Happy extra-belated birthday Buckwheat! Sounds like the birthday bashing was a rip-roaring great time. To answer mom's question about the weather here and in response to all the weather comments about Memorial Day, the weather here in the Napoli Gulf is sunny six days out of seven with rain on that seventh day. That keeps things pretty humid. The temperature is around 28 to 30 degrees celsius. You do the math.

To answer the Mikki question, although I would love to have her around when I get home, the voice of reason is speaking to me that it would be better for her in another place. A "retirement home" if you will. All is ask is that you send a couple pictures of her.

For a report of how our week has gone, there are principally three things that I want to comment on. Diligence, blessings, and talking in church.

1. Diligence. We were forced to do a lot of finding work this week as many of our later week appointments fell through. We weren't seeing much success until Sunday.

3. Talks in church. I gave the closing talk in church today on a talk given by Elder Rasband at the CES Fireside in March. He talked about having good friendships and seeking good mentors. Towards the end of the talk, a lady walked in that I had never seen before. I just figured it was a less active member that I had never seen before. After the meeting we talked to her. Turns out that she is a member from San Domingo who, about 15 years ago, moved to Italy and lost contact with the church. A few months ago she saw missionaries in Napoli and asked them if there was a church in Castellammare. They gave her our number and they parted ways. She lost the number, but with renewed hope in finding the church, she searched intently until she had found us this last Sunday.

2. Blessings(Sorry the numbering is off. It just happend this way). In talking to her we found out that she is married with two kids and her husband was waiting for her outisde the church. She wanted to introduce us to him. We talked and set up an appointment for yesterday which went very well. They have already been welcomed into the church with open arms by the members. Then later that night, we were doing some finding work by drawing the Plan of Salvation on a sheet on the ground. As we do this people stop and we talk to them about what we are doing. As we were cleaning up, we started talking to a young couple with two young boys. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and they invited us to their house Saturday for lunch to talk some more.

So this week has been a rather awesome display of the blessings that come from diligence. You are all awesome. Keep up the great work! Elliott I will keep my eyes peeled for some tornadoes, and I'll have my camera ready!

A General Conference style picture of a castle

Love,

Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment