Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Castellamare!

Alright Castellamare! Well my new area is great. Right on the gulf of Napoli on the southern tip. Like Mom said in her letter, it is only 20 minutes from Pompeii. We'll go someday. My new companion, Anziano Mercado, is from the Detroit area. He is a Wolverines fan, so he has got that going for him. He is in his 4th transfer and is really good with the language. He really impresses me. The Napoli area is old and tattered as you will see in the photos. The outside of the apartment buildings are less than is to be desired. Falling apart here and there, but the houses on the inside are really well kept. It is really amazing the transformation that goes on.

My new responsibilities are not many. I am in charge of directing the affairs with the branch council and branch mission leader. But since there are only two of us here, we are both pretty involved in the work. Other than that, I call in the numbers at the end of the week. With a district of only two people, there really is no difference in my responsibilities which is nice cause I don't have to spend time doing things that are not missionary work.

I need to thank Grandma Clark for her comment and her confidence in her semi-retarded grandson. I laughed rather hard when I read that.

Sounds like you all had a really good time in D.C. Did you go to Alexandria (I think that is the place) and go visit "Remember the Titans" landmarks? That is something, now that I think about it, that I would do. But it sounds like you all had lots of fun. How is the tournament doing? Are things really as crazy as Justin and Dad made them sound last week? I got a letter from Aunt Evelyn. That was really nice of her. I also received the news that she will be going to South Korea. That is pretty cool.

Oh yeah, as for transportation, we usually walk everywhere. Sometimes there is a bus or a train that we can take. But 87.687% of the time we are walking.

I am loving this new area. It is really warm though, which doesn't bode well for anyone that has dad's sweat glands. Man, I am wet like all day long. The other day, we were helping this member move some things and I was sweating so bad.

Well that is it for this week. Thanks for all the emails and prayers!! Ya'll keep up the good work now!

Heart,
Anziano Hatch

(Clark also sent some pictures, which I will post next week when we get back from vacation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment