Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Transfer

Well the new transfer has begun. What a busy time it has been. Last Thursday we accompanied missionaries to the airport. That was a weird experience. It seemed surreal seeing people go home that I have worked with for all of my mission. I am getting old.

Then over the last weekend, we have been adjusting to the new accomodations as the work is split in two instead of three. So it took a day to get used to that. On Sunday, Sacrament Meeting was especially nice. The talks were both really relevant and spiritual - well done. And the closing talk was given by the Bishop. His talk was really good. And as usual, I translated for both Sunday School and Sacrament Meeting. It is funny. For being a thing that I did not like doing at all, I have grown to enjoy translating. It is kind of fun and a neat challenge.

Mondays we had some administrative things to do, like setting up traveling schedules for the zone leaders that will be coming to Rome tomorrow. Then we had a really long planning meeting with president for the whole transfer. We pretty much know what our transfer will be like. It is going to be busy but fun, and really spiritual.

Yesterday we did some more things to work out kinks in the schedule, and we had a doctor's appointment for my companion. Then in the afternoon we prepared our training for the Zone Leader's Conference, and then we had an appointment with some less actives. The husband was actually baptized last year while I was here. They are still awesome, just kind of lazy and have been busy in the holiday season. I hate that excuse, because I think it is the hardest to work with. But it was a good meeting with them.

Today we went to the Cathedrals of John the Baptist and Paul. They were big and really decorated - pretty places and pretty sculptures. Here are a couple of pictures. Just kidding. I forgot my card reader. So next week!

As far as ending the mission here in Rome, I have no idea. But I will do whatever President Kelly wants me to do. I love you all!

Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment