Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week

Well this has been a good week. We recovered from our Zone Conference and p-day experience and got back to "normal" missionary things. Friday morning we wanted to do weekly planning but got dragged away by some appointments and so we had to push that back. It ended up not happening until Monday morning. Friday afternoon we were invited, like normal, to branch council. Immediately after we had an appointment, we had another appointment. And that ended the day. Then Saturday, my companion was sick so we stayed at home and I read in the Book of Mormon and in Jesus the Christ. It was some good study time. We only left the house once on Saturday and that was for an appointment with Mariapia. Also I cleaned the house that day. Oh yeah, and transfer calls came and my companion is being transferred to Palermo. I am staying here and will get Anziano Polelli. So I get to sit still for at least another six weeks.

Sunday we went to church, obviously, and the Stake President taught for the first two hours and then Sacrament Meeting was fast and testimony meeting. The testimonies were good save a few who told long long stories about their trip to the temple. Like the normal problem with testimonies - too much story, not enough testimony. My companion has been in Messina for over 7 months now, so he bore his testimony and broke the news to everyone that he had been transferred. When he said it, there was a loud, "uhhh...no!" from everyone. Kinda irreverent, but funny also. It was cool to see how much this branch loves my companion. He has served in Sicily his whole mission, so most of the members on this island know him or have at least heard of him. Maybe not most, but a lot.

Then the last few days have been spent getting as many appointments out of the way as possible. We are trying to see as many members as we can with as many investigators and everything. It was been really tiring.

From "Remember the Titans," I quoted the part where they are doing updowns, I think, and Coach Boone says , "We got to change the way we run. We got to change the way we tackle. We got to change the way we eat..." and so forth. It fit really well with our training.

So down here more in the south and in more humidity there have been more cockroach encounters. Usually about 3-4 a week. Most recently, their favorite hiding place has been in my desk drawer for some reason. I don't know why. The other day, I was talking with President Kelly on the phone , and I opened my desk and saw one and had to use all my strength to not scream into the phone. It was great. I felt like a woman at that point.

Well, this is it for me this week. Love you ya'll!
Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment