Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zone Conference, President's Inteviews...Oh My!

Well that is right. After three weeks of wondering what the mystical new Mission President was like, we finally met him. He is a very awesome and capable man - both he and his wife. Speaking of his wife's capabilities, at the very end of every Zone Conference, we sing our "mission hymn" which is called the Hymn of Rome. It is beautiful. I have been wanting to send the music home for some time now, but haven't gotten around to it. If worse comes to worse, I'll bring it home in a year. Anyway, so she was asked to play it and she said, "Well, I have only played it a couple of times." Then she got up, and the first chord she played was the right one. Then she slowly played the intro, then was off. No mistakes, at least none that were noticeable, and played it like she had been playing it for years...and that was without the music. So very capable.

So President Kelly was a business lawyer working for JetBlu if I remember correctly. He has served as a BYU bishop and a U of U Stake President. He is really personable and understands youth really well. From what I saw, he is going to do great in leading this merger.

At Zone Conference yesterday, a lot was talked about loving your companion and being obedient. My companion and I have talked about it and (his dad being a mission president in Mexico City) we talked about the things he saw in his dad's mission when he was a new president. What we came down to was something that an elder said yesterday in Zone Conference. He said basically that it doesn't matter what a new mission president does or new leadership in zones, we are called to find, teach, and baptize. And that is what we will do. Who our leader is, what his name is, where he is from does not matter. He was chosen by comeone that we sustain as prophet, seer, and revelator. So whether we did knowledgeably or not, we also choose to sustain our mission president. I thought that that was a beautiful insight into things.

It is good to hear that you are all doing well. We have had a pretty average week the last couple of weeks. Just trying to help our investigators progress while making more time to find. We haven't seen the blessings from that yet, but we will, in the Lord's time.

So my companion's dad wrote him and said basically this: that he, at his Zone Conferences, ripped into his missionaries for being lazy and babies. That is what he said. He said that he used his two sons on missions as examples. He said that if "my son in Italy can reach 20-24 lessons a week, we should do much better than that. If my other son in Russia after some planned activity with 20 minutes to nine can be dedicated to use that time to find instead of going home and then find a new investigator, we should be able to do much more." He told them that they were scared to see what they could be and that they were too much so mammas boys. (Not that that is a bad thing mommy, but it can be in excess just like everything else). So that was cool to see that about a different mission.

Mom, I got the license renewal letter and signed it. I accidentally ripped the page, but I taped it so I hope that is fine. Other than that, keep praying for miracles and you'll see them!

Love,
Anziano Hatch

P.S. I don't think I need anything that I haven't said already as far as packages go.

President and Sister Kelly are in the top left

No comments:

Post a Comment