Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hi!
I have so much to tell you it isn't even funny. First I will start by thanking those that have sent me letters. And I would ask that when you respond to this email that you use DearElder.com so that I don't have to use up the 30 minutes that I have to use the computer reading emails. That would be awesome.

So the first day here we met our branch presidency and they interviewed all of us and taught a lesson and then they asked me if I would serve as district leader! I was like ya I will. Kinda chuckling to myself because I am fresh off of being Elder's quorum president. So I am in charge of my district which is seven elders and a sister. (Anziani and Sorella)

So I have two companions and they are good guys. Anziano Craig and Anziano Nancollus. We taught our first lesson yesterday. The scenario was to meet someone in the "park" and ask if we could make an appointment and talk to them later. That part was all in Italian. It was pretty rough but we did it. Then we taught the lesson in English. We did pretty well with that but we definitely have room for improvement.

Other things to report on is the pillows are not so great but I just fold it in half and it is like sleeping on a backpacking pillow. Haha not that bad. I'll get over it. The food is decent. It is better than the Cannon Center but still no home cooking. I have two great teachers Fratello (brother) Macdonell and Fratello Tarwater. They are awesome teachers. They both know the gospel very well and know Italian very well. They know exactly what we need.

The spirit here is so easy to feel. Like when we are teaching it is awesome cause you can feel it testify of what you are teaching or back up your testimony. It is so great.

Well I need to go. I am sure that I'll think of things that I need to tell you that I have forgotten, but that is ok. But if you could send a couple of things like fruit snacks, some forever stamps so my postage doesn't go out of date, and some of my white athletic socks that would be awesome. Oh and there are a few things that I need to buy that I have used some money on my debit card so if you could keep that recharged that would be good. Remember to write back on DearElder.com Thanks.

Love,
Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment