Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Week That Went By

Wow what a crazy week it has been. After settling in on his transfer decisions, I went outside of Rome to fill a vacancy that was there, because a missionary left mid-transfer. So I was a normal missionary again for a week. It was weird. But I liked it. On Saturday we spent pretty much the entire day knocking on doors and trying to find people to teach as it was hard to get appointments with many people still in holiday mode. Sunday went by real nicely. Church was good. It was a smaller ward but great nonetheless. Then on Monday, we did some English class advertisements and some more finding work. We also looked for some less-actives and some ex-investigators doing everything we could to get some new people to teach. We did have a promising lesson with the bishop and an investigator. That should result in a baptismal date by the end of the week.

Then on Tuesday we taught English class. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed the English class there. I usually loath teaching English, but I enjoyed myself. On Wednesday I had to take two trains to get back to Rome to help out with the new missionaries that have come in. So after about six hours, I returned to Rome. We arrived at the Villa and ate dinner with the new missionaries. It is always great to be around new missionaries. They are so energetic. Then we gave a couple of short trainings and then they opened up their assignment envelopes. I will be losing a companion as he is going to Batapaglia to train. That will be fun for him. I really enjoyed that city.

This morning most of the new missionaries left with Anziano Hansen to the train station to catch a 7:45am train. So they are off going to serve the Lord. It is amazing how things work in the mission from an administration point of view. Lots of behind the scenes work. It is a cool experience to be here.

The past week it has been really warm here. We must of stolen the warm weather from the Rocky Mountains cause it sounds like it is pretty cold over there. I miss the snow though, and a nice truck. Good stuff.

Well that is about it for me this week. Everything is great over here. Hope everything is going good over there. I love you all!

Anziano Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment